This is a core philosophy of The Collective – everyone has the potential to share useful information toward creating better photography, developing a better business, or living a better life (and any combination of the 3).
I want to hear from you!
There is no specific criteria to who may post. I love the perspective of both photographers and non-photographers. Please submit your article on our of three core subjects:
Your post cannot be an advertisement or include affiliate links for any product. If you are interested in advertising (through a sponsored post or banner ad), please see the Advertising Page.
These are the submission guidelines:
- Your article should be around 500-800 words. Any submission under 200 words will not be accepted.
- Please send your article within the body of your email.
- Include 4-5 images (500 pixels wide at 72dpi). The closer they relate the better, but this is not imperative. The images may be portraits or graphics.
- Title – the most important part of your article. The better the title, the better chance it has to being read.
- Short Bio – 2 or 3 sentences sharing the basics of who you are.
- Bio image – 125×125 pixels at 72dpi
- Links you want me to include in your bio (website, fb, twitter, etc).
- Willingness to respond to comments in a polite and thoughtful manner.
I will edit your post for grammar, punctuation, spelling and readability. In the unlikely event I make major changes to your post, I will email the edited copy for your approval before posting.
I have written a lot of blog posts, both for The Collective and as a guest poster. I understand the effort and time it takes to create a thoughtful article.
However, your submission does not compel me to publish your post. I will only publish articles that I feel are quality written AND add value to my readers.
You may submit your article at anytime for review to email@example.com. I will respond within one week with a “yes” or “no”.
Though I may sound harsh with the disclaimer and rejections, it is very rare for me to reject a submission. I encourage you to submit your guest post today!
Image courtesy of Stock.xchng